Overseas contestants (including Japanese living abroad) who participate
in the first preliminary round will be provided with the following subsidies
- Subsidy for International Airfare
Overseas contestants will be paid the following subsidy at the time of
registration for the first preliminary round.
- 50,000 Japanese yen per contestant coming from Asia.
- 100,000 Japanese yen per contestant coming from outside Asia.
The following hotel accommodations (including breakfast) will be provided
during the period of the competition. However, Min-On will not pay for
accommodations at any hotel other than the one designated by the Competition
- For contestants participating in the first preliminary round:
October 25, 2009 (3:00 p.m.) through October 27, 2009 (11:00 a.m.)
- For contestants participating in the second preliminary round:
October 25, 2009 (3:00 p.m.) to October 30, 2009 (11:00 a.m.)
- For contestants participating in the finals:
October 25, 2009 (3:00 p.m.) through November 2, 2009 (11:00 a.m.)
- For award-winning contestants:
October 25, 2009 (3:00 p.m.) through November 3, 2009 (11:00 a.m.)
- If necessary, contestants are responsible for obtaining their own visas
to enter Japan.
- If necessary, Min-On will issue an invitation letter upon request.
- Contestants must obtain prior permission from the Competition Office for
any filming, photography, interviews, etc. with a third party. It is mandatory
that contestants attend and cooperate with any filming, photograph, and/or
interviews that are approved by the Competition Office.
- The following rights for the duration of the competition shall be the exclusive
property of Min-On. The contestants may not raise an objection to this,
nor make financial claims (throughout the competition including press interviews
and performances at Gala Concerts); and
- must agree to recording, video taping, or photography;
- must agree to radio or television broadcasting of such materials;
- must agree to the reproduction and/or sales of such materials.
- Neither the Organizing Committee nor Min-On is able to accept any responsibility
for the following accidents occurring during the competition.
- Any loss or damage to the contestant’s baggage, and/or personal effects.
- Any real or implied physical, material, or mental damage caused to or by
- For the above reasons, it is highly recommended that contestants provide
their own insurance with adequate coverage.
- Decisions by the Organizing Committee as to the management of this competition
and the screening of documents and footage materials, and decisions by
the Panel of Judges will be final.
- No objections from the contestants shall be entertained.
- The Organizing Committee reserves the right to make additions, deletions,
and/or alterations to these regulations without prior notice even after
its announcement for the purpose of smooth administration of the competition.
- Should any problems arise with regard to matters not addressed in these
regulations, contestants will be obligated to comply with the decisions
made by the Organizing Committee.
- Any legal suits regarding this competition shall be decided in a Japanese
court under Japanese law.
- These regulations have been issued in Japanese, English, French and German.
- In case of any discrepancies, the Japanese version shall be held as the
original and disputes will be settled accordingly.
(As of October 2008)
BACK TO TOP